MARION, Ind. — Indiana Wesleyan baseball was defeated 13-3 on Wednesday at Marian (Ind.) in Indianapolis. Marian put the game away early with a nine spot in the bottom of the 1st inning. Dan Rochotte hit a two-run single and Brandon Shaffer crushed a solo home run to provide the offense for the Wildcats.
- Score: Marian def. Indiana Wesleyan, 13-3 (7 innings)
- Records: Indiana Wesleyan 21-25, 7-13 Crossroads League | Marian 21-17, 15-6 Crossroads League
- NAIA Top- 25 Rank: Indiana Wesleyan – Not ranked | Marian – Not ranked
- Location: Marian Ballpark | Marian University | Indianapolis, Indiana
- Indiana Wesleyan grabbed the early 2-0 lead on a Dan Rochotte two run single in the 1st inning.
- Marian responded in the home half of the 1st inning with a nine spot. MU scored the nine runs on six hits and three Indiana Wesleyan errors.
- IWU scored their third run on a Brandon Shaffer home run to lead off the 6th inning for an 11-3 score.
- Marian scored twice in the 6th inning and held IWU scoreless in the 7th for the mercy rule win.
- Brady West: 3-for-4, 2 2B, R
- Brandon Shaffer: 2-for-4, HR, 2 R
- Dan Rochotte: 2-for-2, BB, 2 RBI
- Austin Swift: L, GS, 0.1 IP, 4 H, 6 R, 5 ER, 2 BB
NEXT TIME OUT
- Indiana Wesleyan plays a three game weekend series at Saint Francis (Ind.) in Fort Wayne. On Friday, the teams play a single 9-inning game which begins at 4 p.m.