RRSN – WHERE WE’VE BEEN (1992 – 2017)
Regional Radio Sports Network was founded in 1992 by Paul Condry. It quickly became a recognized and award winning broadcast company covering major High School and College level men’s and women’s sports in Indiana. The entire RRSN team includes over 50 staff, sportscasters, and support personnel with primary offices in Mishawaka, Indiana and others spread throughout Northern Indiana.
The RRSN team provides coverage of basketball, baseball, volleyball, football, soccer, softball, hockey, and other regional sporting events. By the Fall of 2015, RRSN will be heard on 6 radio stations throughout Indiana as well as simulcast coverage via our broadcast website at www.rrsn.com.
Our members have also won the following prestigious awards:
• 24 Time Nominee / 8 Time Winner of National Sportscasters and Sportswriters Association “Indiana Sportscaster of the Year”
• 5 Time Nominee / 1 Time Winner of National Sportscasters and Sportswriters Association “Indiana Sportswriter of the Year”
• Indiana Sportswriters and Sportscasters Association “Marv Bates Award” winner for the Indiana Sportscaster of the Year
• IHSAA Distinguished Media Service Award
• Indiana Baseball & Indiana Football Coaches Associations – “State Media Award Winner”
• Indiana Basketball Coaches Association: Virgil Sweet “Outstanding Service Award”
• Indiana Dietetics Association- Nutrition in the News Award
• Multiple special plaques and recognition from dozens of schools and communities
• Northwest Indiana Soccer Coaches Association Award for outstanding coverage
• Sportscasters of over 25 IHSAA State Football Championships
• Sportscasters of over 100 IHSAA State Championship events in Football, Baseball, Softball, Soccer, Volleyball, Wrestling and Basketball.
• Sportscasters of NAIA and NCCAA National Championship Tournament games
• Sportscasters of professional sports in the Chicagoland area
RRSN – WHAT WE DO
FACT: The RRSN team is heard covering Indiana HS and College sports every day of the year, on average, in areas with over 4,000,000 in combined population.
The staff of 50+ at RRSN are covering some type of sporting event in Indiana year round. Whether it be play by play, color commentary, writing articles or columns, blogging, or providing training and mentoring to coaches and student athletes, RRSN team members are immersed in sports in Indiana.
A FEW SPECIFIC FOCUSES:
•Indiana High School Football regular season game, playoffs, and state finals sportscasting.
•Indiana High School Soccer (boys and girls) regular season game, playoffs, and state finals sportscasting.
•Complete coverage of the Bethel College, Holy Cross College, IUSB, and Ancilla College athletic programs during the regular season, playoffs, and national tournaments.
•The Griddy’s – Indiana’s only statewide, all-encompassing, yearly football banquet held at the Colts complex in Indianapolis.
•A weekly radio talk show featuring coaches and student athletes from Indiana High Schools and Colleges, and in-state College coaches
•Worldwide broadcast of game coverage, talk shows, and special events coverage via the RRSN.COM website and several radio frequencies (listed below) throughout Indiana.
•Sportscasting clinics, camps, and classes taught by the RRSN award winning team.
•Maintaining an online presence via RRSN.COM and daily BLOG and NEWS story coverage of various sports in Indiana
•Partners with the Indianapolis Colts, co-managing their MYINDIANAFOOTBALL.COM website, which provides a connecting place for all Indiana High School football programs.
•Partners with The Indiana Football Digest, the premiere guidebook on Indiana High School football. The Indiana Football Digest is the largest High School football magazine in the country.
RRSN sportscasts and talk shows can be heard on stations like:
RRSN Broadcasts intercollegiate athletics of these fine institutions:
Role at RRSN (Title): President/Founder City of Birth: Gary, Indiana Current Resi…
Role at RRSN (Title): Vice-President & Play-By-Play Sportscaster City of Birth: Hammond, IN …
Role at RRSN (Title): Accounting / Event Coordinator / Basketball Statistician City of Birth: Fr…
Role: High school and college contributor City of birth: Mishawaka, Indiana Current residence: Mish…
RRSN’s Matt Kopsea to be inducted to ISSA Hall of Fame
For the 21st year, the Indiana Sportswriters and Sportscasters Association is pleased to announce it…
Fishers Head Coach Rick Wimmer Named Colts Coach of the Week For Week 7.