Anderson Hits Milestone but Pilots Winning Streak Ends
MISHAWAKA, Ind. – The Bethel College Pilots women’s volleyball team saw their winning streak end at four matches with a 3-0 loss to Taylor (Ind.) on Wednesday evening. Senior Payton Anderson became the ninth player to reach 2,000 assists for her career with 22 on the night.
- Score: Taylor def. Bethel 3-0
- Records: Bethel (5-6, 3-1) | Taylor (5-7, 2-3)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll:Bethel – not rated | Taylor – not rated
- Location: Wiekamp Athletic Center | Bethel College | Mishawaka, Ind.
- Payton Anderson: 22 assists, 5 kills, .300 hit pct.
- Kathryn Novy: 9 kills, .462 hit pct.
- Malerie Mech: 3 kills, 3 blocks
- Abby Armold: 4 kills, 5 blocks
- Payton Hart: 4 service aces
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- Payton Anderson became the 9th player in program history to reach 2,000 career assists.
- Payton Hart matched a career-high with 4 service aces for the second consecutive match. She leads the team with 15 service aces this season—11 coming in the last three matches.
- The Pilots struggled to a .102 hitting percentage, their lowest in a match since August 24 against Trinity Christian.