Barn Burner Trophy Game Set For Monday Night On Big Ten Network
BLOOMINGTON, Ind. – The Barn Burner Trophy is up for grabs on Monday night when No. 20 Indiana travels to Purdue. Tipoff is set for 6 p.m. ET on Big Ten Network at Mackey Arena.
NO. 20/23 INDIANA (17-5, 6-3 B1G) AT PURDUE (15-7, 6-4 B1G)
Monday, February 3, 2020 • 6 p.m. ET
Mackey Arena • West Lafayette, Ind.
Broadcast: BTN (Chris Vosters, Vera Jones)
Radio: WHCC 105.1 FM (Greg Murray)
¬¬¬ABOUT THE COACHES
Teri Moren Sharon Versyp
Career Record: 319-120 (17th Season) Career Record: 408-234 (20th Season)
Indiana Record: 120-71 (6th Season) Purdue Record: 291-169 (14th Season)
ABOUT THE BOILERMAKERS
Purdue will look to keep its three-game win streak alive, coming off a win at Michigan State on Thursday night. Junior guard Karissa McLaughlin leads the way with 13.5 points per game and shoots 34 percent from 3-point range. Reigning Big Ten Player of the Week senior center Ae’Rianna Harris adds 13.2 points and 8.6 rebounds per game. They average 65.5 points per game while shooting 43 percent from the floor.
Purdue leads 55-34
1/9/20 – W, 66-48 (Bloomington, Ind.)
• Indiana looks for the series sweep of the Boilermakers on Monday night. It would be the second time in three seasons IU has swept the season series as it won both regular season meetings in 2017-18 along with a third round WNIT game at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall. It will also look to keep the Barn Burner Trophy for the fourth-straight season.
• In the previous meeting this season, Indiana defeated Purdue, 66-48, at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall. Redshirt junior guard Ali Patberg led with a game-high 18 points while sophomore forward Aleksa Gulbe added 10 points in the win.
• The Hoosiers are coming off a gutsy 75-65 overtime win over Wisconsin on Thursday night. Junior guard Jaelynn Penn’s corner 3-pointer tied the game at 61-all as IU overcame a 16-point deficit and outscored the Badgers 14-4 in overtime. Patberg led with way with 20 points in the win.
• Patberg along with sophomore guard Grace Berger are both pacing Indiana with a team-high 13.5 points per game this season. Freshman forward Mackenzie Holmes (12.2 ppg.) and junior guard Jaelynn Penn (10.1 ppg.) are also both in double figure averages.
• They also come in to the game having faced the 12th toughest schedule in NCAA Division I action this season and are No. 13 in the latest NCAA RPI.
IU will return home to face No. 17 Maryland on Thursday night. Tipoff on Big Ten Network is set for 8 p.m. ET.