HUNTINGTON, Ind. – The Bethel University women’s basketball team held a six-point lead in final stanza over No. 22 Huntington on Saturday afternoon, but were outscored 25-11 over the final 8:49 and could not hold onto the upset in a 71-63 loss.
- Score: Huntington def. Bethel 71-63
- Records: Bethel (6-12, 0-6) | Huntington (15-3, 4-2)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – not rated | Huntington – No. 22
- Location: Platt Arena | Huntington University | Huntington, Ind.
- Savannah Feenstra – 14 pts, 5 reb, 4 blk
- Kelsey Brickner – 11 pts, 3 reb, 3 ast
- Sydney Williams – 8 pts, 7 reb, 3 stl
- Maci Heimlich – 8 pts, 4 reb, 2 stl
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- Savannah Feenstra recorded her 14th game this season with at least 5 rebounds. She also recorded a career-high 4 blocks and is now averaging 0.9 blocks per game this season—fourth in the Crossroads League.
- The Pilots hit double-digit three-pointers for the 11th time this season.
- The Pilots shot a season high 78.6-percent (11-of-14) from the free throw line.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots return home to the Wiekamp Athletic Center on Wednesday to take on No. 5 Marian at 7:00 pm.
THOUGHTS FROM COACH PORTER
- “We put three good quarters together, but fatigue caught up with us in the fourth. We seem to be shooting well from the arc, and if we can improve our inside game, I think we will become a bit more consistent offensively.”