MISHAWAKA, Ind. – The Bethel College Pilots’ men’s basketball team held the No. 3 team in the nation at bay on Saturday afternoon, securing a huge upset win over Crossroads League-leading Spring Arbor, 85-76. Trevion Crews scored a career-high 38 points on 13-of-16 from the field and 11-of-12 from the charity stripe in the dominant performance.
- Game Score: Bethel def. Spring Arbor 85-76
- Records: Bethel (20-8, 9-7) | Spring Arbor (23-5, 13-3)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – No. 17 | Spring Arbor – No. 3
- Location: Wiekamp Athletic Center | Bethel College | Mishawaka, Ind.
- Trevion Crews – 38 pts, 11 reb, 13-16 fg
- Luke Fisher – 17 pts, 2 stl, 6-10 fg
- Paul Forman – 9 pts, 3 reb, 4 ast
- Kyle Hartman – 7 pts, 2 ast, 3-4 fg
NEWS AND NOTES
- Trevion Crews finished with a career-high 38 points, the most points by a Pilot since Matt Schauss went for a career-high 40 against Mount Vernon Nazarene on January 17, 2015.
- The Cougars are ranked No. 3 in the NAIA Top 25; the win marks the 9th win over a top three-ranked team and their 99th win over a top 25 team in program history.
- Ryne Lightfoot earned his 20th win of the season to give him back-to-back 20-win seasons to begin his head coaching career with the Pilots.
- The Pilots will play their final home game of the season in the Wiekamp Athletic Center on Tuesday at 7 pm against Saint Francis. With a win, the Pilots would lock-up the No. 5 seed in the upcoming Crossroads League Tournament quarterfinals.