MISHAWAKA, Ind. – The Bethel College Lady Pilots women’s basketball team dropped their second straight game on Wednesday evening, losing to Mount Vernon Nazarene 61-54 in the Wiekamp Athletic Center. Kamala Glenn netted her 1,000th career point in the loss with 19 points, becoming the 23rd player in program history to reach the mark.
- Game Score: Mount Vernon Nazarene def. Bethel 61-54
- Records: Bethel (7-5, 2-2) | Mt. Vernon Nazarene (8-3, 2-2)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – not rated | Mt. Vernon Nazarene – not rated
- Location: Wiekamp Athletic Center | Bethel College | Mishawaka, Ind.
- Kamala Glenn – 19 pts, 7 rebs, 3 stl, 11-14 ft
- Jessica Erwin – 10 pts, 3-5 fg
- Maci Heimlich – 8 pts, 3 reb, 5 stl
- Kelsey Brickner – 8 pts, 3 reb, 3-12 fg
NEWS AND NOTES
- The Lady Pilots tied their season-high with 22 turnovers, but forced the Cougars into 24
- Kelsey Brickner was held to a season-low 8 points on just 3-of-12 from the field.
- The Lady Pilots were held to just one offensive rebound and 20 total rebounds for the game.
THOUGHTS FROM COACH GINGERICH
- “Our girls battled back from a couple deficits and showed some fight. Credit to Mount Vernon for answering our runs. How we respond in the next week will reveal the resolve of our team.”
- The Lady Pilots travel to Fort Wayne on Saturday, December 8 to take on Saint Francis in the front end of a men’s and women’s doubleheader, scheduled to tip-off at 1:00 p.m.