Goshen, Ind. – The Bethel College Pilots men’s basketball lost their first Crossroads League game of the year against an upstart Goshen squad with help from three.
- Score: Goshen def. Bethel 106-96
- Records: Bethel (10-2, 3-1) | Goshen (6-5, 2-2)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – No. 16 | Goshen – not rated
- Location: Gunden Gymnasium | Goshen College | Goshen, Ind.
- Luke Fisher: 16 pts, 5 reb
- Kyle Hartman: 16 pts, 7 ast, 7-10 fg
- Gage Ott: 14 pts, 7 reb
- Grant Gayler: 13 pts, 4 reb
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Pilots finished with six players in double figures, led by Hartman’s and Fisher’s team-high 16 points each.
- The Pilots led by as many as 14 with 12:32 left in the game but the Maple Leafs used a 23-8 run to take an 80-79 lead with 6:30 remaining.
- Goshen’s Logan Primerano scored a Pilot opponent season-high 39 points. The Maple Leafs shot 13-35 from the three-point line, the most the Pilots have allowed this season.
- The Pilots outscored the Maple Leafs 52-30 in the paint.
- The Pilots lost by double digits for the first time Feb. 27, 2016, a span of 50 games.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots travel to West Palm Beach, Florida for the Marietta Rappaport Holiday Classic hosted by Keiser University for a pair of games on December 19-20. The Pilots take on Johnsons & Wales (Fla.) on December 19 at 1pm and Keiser (Fla.) on December 20 at 3pm.