SPRING ARBOR, Mich. – The Bethel College Pilots women’s soccer team saw their season come to a close in the Crossroads League Tournament Quarterfinals on Wednesday night, as the Pilots fell to defending national champion Spring Arbor 4-0. It is the fifth-straight time the Cougars have ended the Pilots’ season in the quarterfinal round.
- Score:Spring Arbor def. Bethel 4-0
- Records: Bethel (4-10-4) | Spring Arbor (15-1-1)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – not rated | Spring Arbor – No. 3
- Location:Cougar Soccer Complex | Spring Arbor University | Spring Arbor, Mich.
- 46′ | Kaley Buck (SAU) unassisted
- 58′ | Bethany Balcer (SAU) assisted by Morgan Marshall
- 61′ | Brooke Beaune (SAU) assisted by Bethany Balcer
- 63′ | Makenzie Selvius (SAU) assisted by Bethany Balcer and Brooke Beaune
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Pilots held the defending national champion Cougars scoreless in the first half for just the fourth time all season.
- Tessa Zimmerly made six saves in a clean sheet in 45 minutes in the first half.
- Spring Arbor has ended the Pilots season in the Crossroads League Tournament Quarterfinals for five-consecutive times the Pilots have made the postseason, dating back to the 2010 season.
- Rebecca Kanpol managed the lone shot in the match for the Pilots.
QUOTES FROM COACH LINDVALL
- “Our girls were outstanding today with how tactically engaged and bought in they were. We were a little unlucky early in the second half with a clearance that deflected backwards and resulted in a goal. For about a ten minute stretch we lapsed a little with how we wanted to play tactically, but for the remainder of the game, I thought we were great. Proud of these strong women and the grit that they showed tonight and this entire season!”