INDIANAPOLIS – The Bethel University men’s basketball team lost their fourth straight game on Tuesday evening, falling to No. 5 Marian 90-81. Just three Pilots scored more than five points on the night as the Pilots played their fourth straight game without second-leading scorer Grant Gelon in the lineup.
- Score: Marian def. Bethel 90-81
- Records: Bethel (19-8, 7-8) | Marian (22-5, 12-3)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – No. 9 | Marian – No. 5
- Location: Physical Education Center | Marian University | Indianapolis, Ind.
- TreVion Crews – 27 pts, 6 reb, 4 ast
- Keonte Jenkins – 24 pts, 6 reb, 2 stl
- Maxwell Newman – 13 pts, 6 reb
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Pilots have lost four straight (all without Grant Gelon in the lineup) and five of their last six games.
- The Pilots fall to a tie for sixth place in the Crossroads League at 7-8 in league play, and currently the tiebreaker over Mount Vernon Nazarene for the six-seed. The Pilots’ final three regular season games remaining are against teams tied or below them in the standings.
- The Pilots were minus-10 from the free throw line, going 12-of-17 from the charity stripe compared to the Knights’ 22-of-27 effort.
- The Pilots host Huntington on Saturday at 3 pm.