MISHAWAKA – The Bethel University men’s basketball team lost their fifth straight game on Saturday afternoon, falling to Huntington 83-79 in the Wiekamp Athletic Center. TreVion Crews led the Pilots with 21 points, but the Pilots allowed the Foresters to shoot nearly 58-percent from the field in the game.
- Score: Huntington def. Bethel 83-79
- Records: Bethel (19-9, 7-9) | Huntington (14-16, 6-10)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – No. 9 | Huntington – not rated
- Location: Wiekamp Athletic Center | Bethel University | Mishawaka, Ind.
- TreVion Crews – 21 pts, 5 reb, 4 ast
- Keonte Jenkins – 12 pts, 4 reb, 2 blk
- Gavin Rasler – 12 pts, 4-of-7 3-pt
- Maxwell Newman – 8 pts, 7 reb, 6 ast
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Pilots have lost five straight and six of their last seven games.
- The Pilots fall to a tie for sixth place in the Crossroads League at 7-8 in league play, and because of tiebreakers, currently slot in at the 7-seed.
- The Pilots allowed a season-high 57.6-percent shooting from the field, including 13-of-25 from the three-point line.
- The Pilots travel to Mount Vernon, Ohio to take on the Mount Vernon Nazarene Cougars on Tuesday at 7 pm.