Pilot Men’s Track & Field Crowned Champions
UPLAND, Ind. – The Bethel College men’s track & field team finished off an impressive run at the Crossroads League Indoor Championship on Saturday, claiming their third league championship in program history—their first during the indoor season—while hitting nine NAIA standards, 14 All-Conference finishes, and one program record.
Tony Natali earned Crossroads League Coach of the Year, his 20th career Coach/Coaching Staff of the Year. Ezra Griffith set the program record in the men’s heptathlon with an NAIA B standard 4,787 points.
The women finished in fifth place with 3 NAIA standards and 5 All-Conference finishes. Emma Jankowski broke the program record she set just 23 days ago in the 1,000m with a Crossroads League Indoor Championship record and NAIA B standard 3:01.90.
- Crossroads League Indoor Championship: Hosted by Taylor University
- Location: Kesler Student Athletic Center | Taylor University | Upland, Ind.
- National Track & Field Ratings Index: Men – No. 12 | Women – No. 20
- Finish: Men – 1st of 10; Women – 5th of 10
- (Fri.) Danielle Wojciechowski | Women’s Pole Vault | 3.72m (A)
- (Fri.) Women’s 4x800m Relay | Jessica Duvall, Emma Jankowski, Anna Nisen, Vanessa Steiner | 9:38.15 (A)
- (Fri.) Jordan Downs | Men’s Pole Vault | 5.00m (A)*
- (Fri.) Zach Harrah | Men’s Pole Vault | 4.80m (A)
- (Fri.) Jordan Downs | Men’s Long Jump | 7.58m (A)
- (Fri.) Thomas Jackson | Men’s Long Jump | 7.13m (A)
- (Fri.) Bailey Lang | Men’s Weight Throw | 16.47m (B)
- (Sat.) Emma Jankowski | Women’s 1,000m | 3:01.90 (B)* **
- (Sat.) Ezra Griffith | Men’s Heptathlon | 4,787 (B)**
- (Sat.) Jonah Lester | Men’s High Jump | 2.05m (A)
- (Sat.) Matt McCown | Men’s High Jump | 2.02m (A)
- (Sat.) Jordan Downs | Men’s 200m | 22.21 (A)*
*Crossroads League Indoor Championship Record
**Bethel indoor track & field program record
ALL-CONFERENCE FINISHES – WOMEN
- (Fri.) Pole Vault | Danielle Wojciechowski, 1st
- (Fri.) 4x800m Relay | Jessica Duvall, Emma Jankowski, Anna Nisen, Vanessa Steiner | 2nd
- (Fri.) Pentathlon | Jessica Tuttle, 2nd
- (Sat.) 1,000m | Emma Jankowski, 1st
- (Sat.) 4x400m Relay | Leah Gouwens, Emma Jankowski, Kayla Kunkel, Emily Roth | 2nd
ALL-CONFERENCE FINISHES – MEN
- (Fri.) Pole Vault | Jordan Downs, 1st | Zach Harrah, 3rd
- (Fri.) Long Jump | Jordan Downs, 1st | Thomas Jackson, 2nd
- (Fri.) Weight Throw | Bailey Lang, 1st | Ben Wilt, 3rd
- (Sat.) Heptathlon | Ezra Griffith, 1st
- (Sat.) High Jump | Jonah Lester, 2nd | Matt McCown, 3rd
- (Sat.) 60m Hurdles | Ezra Griffith, 3rd
- (Sat.) 60m | Corey Jones, 1st | Jamique Mitchell, 2nd
- (Sat.) 200m | Jordan Downs, 1st
- (Sat.) 4x400m Relay | Bailey Mott, Ben Zuercher, Travis Sperry, Jack Fisher | 3rd
THOUGHTS FROM COACH NATALI:
- “I’m so excited for our kids, alums, and coaches to get this conference championship. This was a total team effort in every way. We had so many of our athletes step up. Total team win. I’m also so proud of our women. They had a very good meet as well. As we said in our post-meet huddle, these championships are great but that’s not where we get our identity. Our identity comes from Christ and He gets all the glory.”
- The Pilots gear up for the NCCAA Indoor Track & Field National Championship on Friday and Saturday, February 15 and 16. The men’s track & field team is the defending NCCAA Indoor National Champion.