FORT WAYNE, Ind. – The Bethel College baseball team continued their display of offensive firepower on Friday afternoon, scoring 24 runs on 31 hits but could only come away with a double header split against Saint Francis in a knock-down-drag-em-out battle in Fort Wayne.
- Game 1 Score: Saint Francis def. Bethel 12-10
- Game 2 Score: Bethel def. Saint Francis 14-11
- Records: Bethel (12-22, 4-14) | Saint Francis (10-26, 3-15)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – not rated | Saint Francis – not rated
- Location: Ash Centre World Baseball Academy | Fort Wayne, Ind.
- Collin Affolder: 4-9, 2B, 3B, HR, 2 RBI, 2 R
- Eric Kelver: 4-8, 2B, HR, 4 RBI, 3 R
- Mike Wathier: 4-10, 2B, HR, RBI, 5 R
- Luke Adams: 6-10, 3 2B, 3 RBI, 4 R
- Syam Lafi: 3-7, 4 RBI, 4 R, 2 BB, SB
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- Collin Affolder hit for the cycle in the double header, with a single, double, triple, and home run across two games.
- Luke Adams reached base 7 times on the day. He is now batting .450 (18-40) with an on-base percentage of .500 (22-44) since assuming the lead-off spot on March 30.
- The Pilots scored in double digits for the third straight game, the first time since opening the season in September with four-straight double-digit run-scoring games.
- The Pilots slugged 11 extra-base hits on the day, their most since going for 16 extra-base hits on in a double header on September 30.
- The Pilots scored 9 runs in the seventh inning or later.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots return to Cougar Field to take on Saint Francis for a single, nine-inning game. First pitch is scheduled for 2:00 pm.