Road Swing Begins Monday For No. 15 Indiana At No. 20 Maryland
BLOOMINGTON, Ind. – No. 15 Indiana begins a week-long road swing as it faces No. 20 Maryland on Monday night in College Park. Tipoff is set for 8 p.m. ET on Big Ten Network.
- 15/16 INDIANA (14-4, 4-2 B1G) VS. NO 20/20 MARYLAND (13-4, 4-2 B1G)
Monday, January 20, 2020 • 8 p.m. ET
Xfinity Center • College Park, Md.
Live Stats: Sidearm
ABOUT THE COACHES
|Teri Moren||Brenda Frese|
|Career Record: 316-200 (17th Season)||Career Record: 528-158 (21st Season)|
|Indiana Record: 117-70 (6th Season)||Maryland Record: 471-128 (18th Season)|
ABOUT THE TERRAPINS
Maryland has posted back-to-back double figure wins at Michigan and Nebraska to improve to 4-2 in Big Ten play. They are led by the league’s preseason Player of the Year Kaila Charles who averages 14.4 points along four other players who put up double figure averages. The Terps are averaging a league-high 81.9 points per game while limiting their opponents to just 56.0 points per game. They are also one of the top teams in the nation in steals, posting 13.8 per game which is 3rd in the NCAA this season.
Maryland leads 7-0
1/27/19 – L, 56-76 (Bloomington, Ind.)
- The Hoosiers will look to regroup after a pair of overtime losses last week. They fell in a double overtime heartbreaker at Iowa on Sunday, 91-85, and fell at home to Northwestern on Thursday in overtime, 71-69.
- Freshman forward Mackenzie Holmes is coming off a game against Northwestern where she tied a season-high 22 points and going 9-for-14 from the floor. The Gorham, Maine is shooting 67.6 percent from the floor this season, which ranks fourth in the nation. It was her 12th game in double figures this season.
- Four players are averaging double figures for Indiana this season behind sophomore guard Grace Berger (13.0 ppg.) and redshirt junior Ali Patberg (12.9 ppg.). Holmes also adds 12.1 points per game while junior guard Jaelynn Penn is also in double figures with 10.2 points per game.
- Sophomore forward Aleksa Gulbe has been a spark for the Hoosiers in Big Ten play. The Riga, Latvia native is averaging 11.2 points and 6.7 rebounds per game and has scored in double figures in four of six conference games. She posted a new career-high 18 points at Iowa.
- Senior forward Brenna Wise is one of 30 candidates for the Senior CLASS Award. The acronym for Celebrating Loyalty and Achievement for Staying in School ®, the Senior CLASS Award focuses on the total student-athlete and encourages students to use their platform in athletics to make a positive impact as leaders in their communities.
Indiana will continue on its road stretch when it visits Penn State on Thursday night. Tipoff at Bryce Jordan Center is set for 7 p.m. ET on Big Ten Network.