MISHAWAKA, Ind. – The Bethel College Pilots men’s basketball team dropped their second game of the season on Wednesday night, losing to No. 6 Mount Vernon Nazarene 83-74 in the Wiekamp Athletic Center. The Pilots gave up 52 second half points, including a decisive 11-2 run to open the second half by the Cougars to turn a three-point deficit in to a six-point advantage for the visitors.
- Game Score: Mount Vernon Nazarene def. Bethel 83-74
- Records: Bethel (11-2, 3-1) | Mt. Vernon Nazarene (10-1, 3-1)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – No. 15 | Mt. Vernon Nazarene – No. 6
- Location: Wiekamp Athletic Center | Bethel College | Mishawaka, Ind.
- Trevion Crews – 21 pts, 13 reb, 5 ast, 3 stl
- Ryan Lutz – 14 pts, 2-5 3-pt
- Luke Fisher – 14 pts, 3 ast, 5-12 fg
- Paul Forman – 12 pts, 3 reb, 6-8 fg
NEWS AND NOTES
- Trevion Crews recorded his nine game of the season with at least 20 points and 7 rebounds, and his third double-double with 21 points and a game-high 13 rebounds.
- The Pilots have now lost four straight to Mount Vernon Nazarene. In the last two meetings, MVNU’s Jevon Knox has averaged 33.5 points on 21-of-31 shooting from the field and 11-of-13 from the three-point line.
- Both of the Pilots’ losses this season have come to teams ranked in the top six in the nation—No. 2 IU East (Ind.) and No. 6 Mt. Vernon Nazarene (Ohio).
- The Pilots shot a season-low 38.0 percent from the field.
- The Pilots travel to Fort Wayne on Saturday, December 8 for a matchup against Saint Francis. Tip-off for the men’s game is set for 3:00 p.m.