WINONA LAKE, Ind. – Indiana Wesleyan volleyball traveled to Grace College and defeated Northwestern Ohio and Robert Morris to remain undefeated on the season.
INSIDE THE BOX
- In the first game of the afternoon, IWU won in straight sets over UNOH 25-20, 25-13 and 25-22.
- Marci Miller led the Wildcats with ten kills while Havyn Gatesrecorded nine digs.
- Robert Morris took the first set in game two before Indiana Wesleyan rallied to win the match 3-1 with scores of 20-25, 25-5, 25-8 and 25-11.
- The Wildcats out killed the Eagles 49-20 and recorded 19 aces in the match.
- Anna Collar led the way with 12 kills. Gates and Abigail Rutteach served five aces as IWU collected its third win of the campaign.
- “We worked through things and learned a lot today as a team. We are looking forward to another week of practice to continue to improve. “The depth of our team really carried the charge today.”
- The Wildcats will take the court again on August 30 at 2:00 p.m. facing #1 Park in the Columbia Invitational. The Invitational takes place on August 30 and 31 with IWU playing #1 Park, William Woods, Olivet Nazarene, and #2 Columbia.