KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Southeastern (Fla.) is the No. 1 team for the second-straight week in the sixth NAIA Division II Women’s Basketball Coaches’ Top 25 Poll, the national office announced Tuesday. Southeastern earned 11 of 12 first-place votes and 281 total points to earn the top spot.
Top 25 Highlights
- This is the Fire’s second-ever No. 1 ranking.
• Southeastern is now the only undefeated team in DII Women’s Basketball this season.
• Antelope Valley (Calif.) has joined the Top 25 at the No. 24 spot. Reinhardt (Ga.) also joins the Top 25 this week at the No. 25 spot.
• Morningside (Iowa) holds the record for the most No. 1 rankings of all time with 38. Indiana Wesleyan is second with 33.
• Morningside continues to hold the record for longest consecutively-ranked active school with 170 straight polls. Saint Xavier (Ill.) is second on the list with 157, including its time in Division I.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences and the Association of Independent Institutions.
• The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second-place and so on through the list.
• The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
• Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes”
For the complete Top 25 calendar, click here.
|RANK||WEEK||SCHOOL [1st Place Votes]||Record||FINAL POINTS|
|1||1||Southeastern (Fla.) ||27-0||281|
|2||2||Concordia (Neb.) ||29-1||272|
|3||3||College of the Ozarks (Mo.)||28-1||263|
|4||4||Saint Xavier (Ill.)||26-2||252|
|8||10||Dakota Wesleyan (S.D.)||25-5||214|
|14||13||Olivet Nazarene (Ill.)||21-8||153|
|16||18||Valley City State (N.D.)||22-4||139|
|17||14||Northwest Christian (Ore.)||22-5||137|
|19||17||St. Francis (Ill.)||20-8||129|
|20||19||Lawrence Tech (Mich.)||24-5||119|
|22||21||Rio Grande (Ohio)||27-3||98|
|24||NR||Antelope Valley (Calif.)||20-6||65|
Dropped from the Top 25: Embry-Riddle (Ariz.), Saint Francis (Ind.)
Others receiving votes: Indiana East 42; Cardinal Stritch (Wis.) 36; Embry-Riddle (Ariz.) 32; Oklahoma Wesleyan 14; Bellevue (Neb.) 14; Concordia (Mich.) 13; St. Thomas (Fla.) 13; Oregon Tech 9; Grace (Ind.) 3; Bethany (Kan.) 3; Point (Ga.) 3