2018-2019 NAIA DII Men’s Basketball Coaches’ Top 25 Poll — Final
Indiana Wesleyan moves to No. 1 in final 2018-2019 Poll
Top 25 Highlights:
- Indiana Wesleyan is No. 1 after going 3-0 to win the Crossroads League Tournament. The Wildcats overcame a double digit deficit in the second half to defeat then- No. 11 Mount Vernon Nazarene (Ohio) in the championship.
- No. 2 Oklahoma Wesleyan received three first-place votes. The Eagles were No. 1 in the poll the previous three weeks. The Eagles lost in the Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference Championship to Southwestern (Kan.).
- College of Idaho joined the top-five this week previously ranked No. 7, after winning the Cascade Collegiate Conference Tournament.
- Jamestown (N.D) and Union (Ky.) both moved into the top ten highlighting the positive movement in the top 25.
- The top-eight teams lost at least one game since the last poll.
- Voorhees (S.C.) joined the top 25 poll this week after going 3-0 since the last poll
- Indiana Northeast (Ind.) fell out of the rankings from No. 21.
- Indiana Wesleyan holds the longest active streak in the poll with 82-straight appearances. Bethel (Ind.) (No. 20) is next with 72, with Cornerstone (Mich.), currently ranked 12th in the poll, with 61.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences and Association of Independent Institutions.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second-place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low ratings) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appears on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes”
- Frequency of polls occur bi-weekly. This policy was approved by the National Administrative Council (NAC) for the 2016-17 academic season. This change will allow raters the opportunity to consider a larger body of work in between rating periods.
2018-2019 NAIA Division II Men’s Basketball Coaches’ Top 25 Poll – Final (Feb. 27, 2019)
|RANK||LAST WEEK||SCHOOL [1st Place Votes]||RECORD||TOTAL POINTS|
|5||7||College of Idaho||28-5||270|
|7||5||Spring Arbor (Mich.)||25-7||251|
|13||11||Mount Vernon Nazarene (Ohio)||26-7||200|
|14||14||Indiana East (Ind.)||24-8||181|
|15||16||Olivet Nazarene (Ill.)||23-8||155|
|16||18||Dakota Wesleyan (S.D.)||22-9||149|
|19||15||Briar Cliff (Iowa)||20-8||124|
|22||25||IU Kokomo (Ind.)||25-7||97|
Dropped out: Indiana Northwest (Ind.)
Others receiving votes: Corban (Ore.) 44; Indiana Tech 41; Milligan (Tenn.) 39; Ave Maria (Fla.) 36; Holy Cross (Ind.) 33; Presentation (S.D.) 27; Antelope Valley (Calif.) 11; Asbury (Ky.) 7; Indiana Northwest 4; Saint Francis (Ind.) 4