KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Southeastern (Fla.) remains at No. 1 for the third consecutive poll. The Fire earned all 12 first-place votes in the latest edition of the 2019-2020 NAIA Division II Women’s Basketball Coaches’ Top 25 Poll.
Top 25 Highlights
- No. 1 Southeastern (Fla.) remains at No. 1 in the poll as well as five different statistical categories: scoring margin (37.33), field goal percentage defense (0.307), scoring defense per game (51.926), total rebound margin (12.185), and field goal percentage (0.501).
- Concordia (Neb.) moved up one spot to No. 2 with a record of 26-2. There only two loses are to No. 1 Southeastern and No. 4 Hastings (Neb.) however they also have a win against both teams.
- Eastern Oregon is the lone newcomer to join the poll this week. The Mountaineers have won 12 straight games in the Cascade.
- College of the Ozarks joined the top five this week going 4-0 since the previous rating period.
- Morningside (Iowa) holds record for most No. 1 rankings of all-time with 39. Indiana Wesleyan is second with 34.
- Morningside also holds the record for longest consecutively ranked active school with 184 straight polls. Saint Xavier (Ill.) is second on the list with 169, which includes its time in DI Women’s Basketball.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences, Association of Independent Institutions and Unaffiliated Groups.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes”
- For the complete Top 25 calendar, click here.
2019-20 NAIA Division II Women’s Basketball Coaches’ Top 25 Poll – Poll 5
|RANK||LAST WEEK||SCHOOL [1st PLACE VOTES]||RECORD||FINAL POINTS|
|1||1||Southeastern (Fla.) ||25-2||312|
|5||6||College of the Ozarks (Mo.)||24-4||272|
|6||8||Saint Xavier (Ill.)||25-3||258|
|8||11||St. Francis (Ill.)||25-4||233|
|10||10||Saint Francis (Ind.)||22-5||227|
|13||13||Dakota Wesleyan (S.D.)||20-8||192|
|16||17||Northwest Christian (Ore.)||21-5||152|
|18||14||Siena Heights (Mich.)||24-4||139|
|18||14||Mayville State (N.D.)||21-4||139|
|21||23||Antelope Valley (Calif.)||20-4||115|
|23||24||Olivet Nazarene (Ill.)||20-8||84|
Dropped Out: Embry-Riddle (Ariz.)
Receiving Votes: Embry-Riddle (Ariz.) 48, Northwestern (Iowa) 43, Huntington (Ind.) 39, Indiana South Bend 31, Bethany (Kan.) 15, Bellevue (Neb.) 9, Jamestown (N.D.) 7, Grace (Ind.) 5, Coastal Georgia 5