MARION, Ind. – For the first time since 1985, Indiana Wesleyan University baseball is atop the Crossroads League. The Wildcats won their first regular season championship in 33 years on Saturday with a doubleheader sweep of Spring Arbor (Mich.). IWU snags an automatic bid to the NAIA National Championship as well for just the second time in program history.
- Game 1: Indiana Wesleyan def. Spring Arbor, 12-1
- Game 2: Indiana Wesleyan def. Spring Arbor, 10-3
- Records: Indiana Wesleyan 35-16, 21-6 CL | Spring Arbor 24-24, 14-12 CL
- Location: Wildcat Field | Indiana Wesleyan University | Marion, Indiana
GAME 1 RECAP
- SP Kyle Hall: W (8-1), CG, 7.0 IP, 5 H, ER, BB, 7 K
- 2B Judah Wollenburg: 1-for-4, 3 R
- 1B Caleb Eder: 2-for-2, BB, 2B, 2 R, 2 RBI
- C Brady West: 2-for-4, 2B, R, 3 RBI
- CF Steven Busby: 2-for-3, BB, 2B, 3B, R, 2 RBI
- Hits: Indiana Wesleyan 13, Spring Arbor 5
- Left on Base: Indiana Wesleyan 7, Spring Arbor 5
GAME 2 RECAP
- SP Conner Cantrell: W (4-0), 5.2 IP, 7 H, 2 R, 2 BB, 4 K
- 2B Judah Wollenburg: 3-for-4, 2B, R, 2 RBI
- SS Jordan Wharton: 2-for-3, 2 BB, 2 R, 2 RBI
- DH Hunter Ryan: 2-for-4, R, RBI
- 3B Parker Johnson: 2-for-5, 2B, 2 R, RBI
- RF Steven Busby: 4-for-5, 3B, R
- Hits: Indiana Wesleyan 14, Spring Arbor 12
- Left on Base: Indiana Wesleyan 11, Spring Arbor 10
- The Wildcats won the program’s fifth Crossroads League regular season championship with the doubleheader sweep. The other four titles came in 1975, 1980, 1983, and 1985.
- With the regular season championship, the Wildcats claim an automatic bid to the NAIA National Championship. It is the second bid in program history with the first coming in 2016.