2020 NAIA FCS Quarterfinal Preview
KANSAS CITY, Mo. –The National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) announced the final field and the pairings for the Quarterfinals of the NAIA Football Championship Series (FCS) on Saturday. The 8-team event will continue this Saturday, April 24th at four campus host sites across the country.
The full field features 12 automatic qualifiers and four at-large berths. In order to qualify for an automatic bid, teams must win their conference regular-season title. At-large berths were determined by the NAIA Football National Selection Committee. Teams earning an at-large berth must be ranked in the Top 20 of the final NAIA Coaches’ Top 25 poll, which can be accessed here.
The 65th NAIA Football National Championship will take place in Ruston, La., at Eddie G. Robinson Stadium on Monday, May 10. The city of Ruston, La. will host the championship for the second season for more information on the 2020 NAIA Football National Championship, click here.
2020 NAIA Football Championship Series – Quarterfinal Schedule
Saturday, April 24 | Campus Sites
Game 1 – Baker (Kan.) (7-0) at Morningside (Iowa) (12-0) | Watch
Game 2 – Northwestern (Iowa) (7-1) at Grand View (Iowa) (7-0) | Watch
Game 3 – Concordia (Mich.) (6-0) at Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) (8-0) | Watch
Game 4 – Reinhardt (Ga.) (9-0) at Keiser (Fla.) (8-0) | Watch
2020 NAIA Football Championship Series – Quarterfinal Notes
- Two-time defending national champions, Morningside (Iowa) are set to host the Wildcats of Baker. Both teams looking to keep their perfect record on the season. Wildcats are one of the two divisional champions of the Heart of America Conference and sport a record 7-0, currently ranked No. 7 in the NAIA.
- The Mustangs are currently No. 1 in the national and boost a record of nine wins and zero loses.
- The two teams have met twice before in the national championship series in 2013 and 2008 resulting in the Mustangs victory in both occasions.
- The Mustangs program has claimed eight successive national quarterfinal round successful outcomes.
- The Mustangs enter ranked among the NAIA top 10 in 15 different statistical categories. Situated along that high-rent avenue are six No. 1 and one No. 2 listings. They lead the country in total offense (3,278 yards), passing yardage per contest (364.2), fewest sacks allowed per appearance (.2) and overall (two), total offense per game (552.7 ypg), and scoring per outing (52 ppg).
- Northwestern (Iowa) will travel across the state to Grand View (Iowa) in the This is the first ever match-up played between the two programs.
- The Vikings are currently ranked No. 1 in four statistical categories including pass defense per game and total defense per game.
- In another first ever match up Concordia (Mich.) will face Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) on Saturday.
- Both teams look to end their opponents undefeated season record. Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) looking for their 9th win on the season and Concordia (Mich.) looking for their 7th.
- The Cardinals defeated Georgetown (Ky.) in the first round in their first ever playoff victory last Saturday.
- Reinhardt (Ga.) got revenge on the Marian Knights last Saturday after losing to them in the 2019 opening round and will travel to Florida to face the No. 4 overall Seahawks of Keiser.
- Keiser rolled past their opening round opponent Arizona Christian 63-21.
- All eight teams remaining in the National Football Championship Series qualified for the Football Championship Series in 2019 as well.