FINAL: #4 Iowa 70, Purdue 55
- Luka Garza netted a game-high 22 points. His scoring totals tonight moved the All-American past Greg Stokes and Acie Earl into third place on Iowa’s all-time scoring chart trailing only Aaron White and Roy Marble. Garza extended his streak of scoring 20+ points to 17 straight Big Ten games, dating back to last season. The 17-game streak against Big Ten opponents is the longest streak by a player since Ohio State’s Dennis Hopson (17) in 1987.
- Iowa has won 20 of its last 21 games inside Carver-Hawkeye Arena, dating back to last season.
- Jordan Bohannon sank three 3-pointers tonight, including the 300th of his career in the final minute of the game. Bohannon now ranks 10th in Big Ten career 3-pointers made.
- Iowa made 12 3-pointers tonight, make 10+ triples for the sixth time in eight games this season.
- Iowa recorded its first win in a conference opener in five seasons. The last time Iowa won its conference opener was on Dec. 29, 2015, against top-ranked Michigan State (83-70) in Iowa City.
- Iowa has won 10 straight games on Dec. 22, dating back to 2005.
The Hawkeyes return to action Christmas Night against Minnesota (7-1, 0-1) in Minneapolis. Tipoff is scheduled for 7 p.m. (CT) at Williams Arena.