MISHAWAKA – The Bethel University women’s soccer team could not dig out of an early deficit on Wednesday afternoon, falling to Mount Vernon Nazarene 4-1 in Crossroads League play. The Pilots allowed 2 goals in the first five minutes before Kama Hardy got the Pilots on the board with her third goal of the season.
- Score: Mt. Vernon Nazarene def. Bethel 4-1
- Records: Bethel (4-10-0, 1-4-0) | Mt. Vernon Nazarene (8-4-2, 3-1-1)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – not rated | Mt. Vernon Nazarene – Receiving Votes
- Location: Morey Field | Bethel University | Mishawaka, Ind.
- 4′ | Alexa Skal (MVNU)
- 5′ | Alexa Skal (MVNU)
- 22′ | Kama Hardy (BU)
- 27′ | Alexa Skal (MVNU)
- 89′ | Paige Renz (MVNU), assisted by Alexa Skal
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Pilots were outshot 28-5, the third time this season they have been outshot by at least 20.
- The Pilots allowed an opponent to record a hat trick for the second time this season.
- Kama Hardy tied for the team lead with 10 points on the season.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots return to Morey Field to take on Spring Arbor on Saturday at 2:00 pm.
THOUGHTS FROM COACH LINDVALL
- “We dug ourselves a bit of a hole in the first half, but I was really proud of how our women responded. I thought our commitment and competitive level in the second half was outstanding and I continue to be impressed with the refinements our women have been making with each game we play.”