MISHAWAKA – Bethel Baseball made a furious comeback in the eighth inning of game one to split a Saturday doubleheader with (RV) Indiana Wesleyan, winning game one 4-3 before losing game two 9-1. Mike Wathier capped a four-run rally in the bottom of the eighth inning with a go-ahead two-run home run to left to push the Pilots ahead of the Wildcats.
- Game 1 Score: Bethel def. Indiana Wesleyan 4-3
- Game 2 Score: Indiana Wesleyan def. Bethel 9-1
- Records: Bethel (6-24, 3-13) | Indiana Wesleyan (22-9, 15-1)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – NR | Indiana Wesleyan – RV
- Location: Patterson Field | Bethel University | Mishawaka, Ind.
GAME 1 STAT TRACKER
- Mike Wathier: 2-4, HR, 2 RBI, R
- Eli MacDonald: 1-3, RBI
- Andrew Miranda: 1-3, R
- Kory Goodrich: 7.0 IP, 6 H, 3 ER, 2 K, 2 BB
GAME 2 STAT TRACKER
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Pilots recorded just nine hits in the doubleheader.
- Sam Lewandowski pitched a perfect ninth inning for his second save of the season, coaxing three straight pop-ups to end the game.
- The Pilots handed the Wildcats their first Crossroads League loss of the season in game one.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots travel to Howell, Michigan to take on Cleary on Wednesday at 5:00 pm.