HOOVER, Ala. – Bethel Baseball split their season-opening doubleheader on Friday afternoon, outscoring Trinity International 11-5 in game one before dropping the nine-inning nightcap 11-9. Kawambee Moss swiped five of the Pilots’ ten stolen bases on the day and took four free passes on the day atop the Pilot lineup.
- Game 1 Score: Bethel def. Trinity International 11-5
- Game 2 Score: Trinity International def. Bethel 11-9
- Records: Bethel (1-1) | Trinity International (1-1)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – NR | Trinity International – NR
- Location: Score International Christian University Invite | Hoover Met Complex | Hoover, Ala.
GAME 1 STAT TRACKER
- Justin Rasmussen: 5.1 IP, W, 3 H, 3 ER, 7 K, 2 BB
- Cole Searles: 2-3, HR, 3B, 2 RBI, 2 R
- Kawambee Moss: 1-1, 2 R, 3 SB, 4 BB
- Andrew Miranda: 2-3, 2 2B, 2 RBI, 2 R
GAME 2 STAT TRACKER
- Mike Wathier: 2-4, RBI, 3 R
- Luke Adams: 2-4, 3 RBI, 2 BB
- Alex Stout: 1-3, RBI, R, 3 BB
- Eli MacDonald: 3-6, 2 RBI, R
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Pilots saw 340 total pitches on the day and turned them into 23 free passes. Nine of the bases on balls came around to for the Pilots. The Pilots only struck out seven times.
- The Pilot pitching staff gave out 12 free passes in game two, struggling to find the zone on just 88 of the 180 pitches thrown in the nightcap.
- The Pilots were 10-for-10 on stolen bases on the day
- Four of the seven hits in game one were extra bases for the Pilots, including a triple and a solo home run from Cole Searles. The Pilots had 11 hits in game two, but only one went for extra bases.
- The Pilots scored in all six at bats in game one, including four frames with multiple runs scored. Trinity International scored in all but one frame in the second game, including four at bats with multiple runs scored—three straight from the sixth to the eighth.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots take on Toccoa Falls (Ga.) in a pair of games at the Hoover Met Complex in Hoover, Alabama on Saturday, beginning at 12:00 pm ET.