MISHAWAKA – Bethel Baseball swept Goshen in a doubleheader on Friday, winning on a Cole Searles‘ 11th-inning walk-off two-run home run for a dramatic 9-7 game one victory, before taking down the Leafs 7-2 in game two. The Pilots battled back from a three-run deficit in the home half of the ninth inning to force extras and set up Searles’ dramatics.
- Game 1 Score: Bethel def. Goshen 9-7 F/11
- Game 2 Score: Bethel def. Goshen 7-2
- Records: Bethel (11-30, 8-18) | Goshen (3-32, 2-24)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – NR | Goshen – NR
- Location: Patterson Field | Bethel University | Mishawaka, Ind.
GAME 1 STAT TRACKER
- Thomas Dolan: 3-6, RBI, 3 R
- Kawambee Moss: 2-5, 2B, RBI, R, 2 SB
- Dominic Deisler: 2-5, 2 2B
- Cole Searles: 2-5, HR, 2B, 4 RBI, R
- Ty Mickiewicz: 2.0 IP, W, 1 H
GAME 2 STAT TRACKER
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- Kawambee Moss recorded four stolen bases on the day. He is a perfect 26-26 on the basepaths this season.
- Sullivan Swingley was perfect thru four innings in a game two start.
- The Pilots trailed 7-1 after five and a half innings before plating one in the sixth and two in the seventh to get within 7-4. Down to their final out in the ninth inning, the Pilots reached base three consecutive times, capped by Cole Searles‘ game-tying RBI double. In the 11th, after Mike Wathier reached on a base on balls to open the inning, Searles’ drilled a first pitch fastball for a no-doubt walk-off two-run home run to left field.
- With the two wins, the Pilots are guaranteed at least a split in the US Highway 20 Cup Series with Goshen, with the points now standing at 7.00-4.00 with a total of 3.00 points remaining this athletic year.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots continue against Goshen in a US Highway 20 Cup Series Saturday at Jenkins Stadium.