MISHAWAKA, Ind. – The Bethel College Lady Pilots’ women’s basketball team dropped their fifth straight Crossroads League game on Wednesday evening, falling to NAIA DII No. 8 Marian 62-56 in the Wiekamp Athletic Center. After trailing by as many as 13 in the fourth quarter, the Lady Pilots pulled to within three points but could not finish the comeback against the Crossroads League-leading Knights.
- Game Score: Marian def. Bethel 62-56
- Records: Bethel (10-9, 2-5) | Marian (15-4, 5-1)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – not rated | Marian – No. 8
- Location: Wiekamp Athletic Center | Bethel College | Mishawaka, Ind.
- Kamala Glenn – 22 pts, 4 ast, 7-8 ft
- Jessica Erwin – 13 pts, 3-4 3-pt, 3 stl
- Kelsey Brickner – 9 pts, 4-13 fg
- Maggie Deboy – 2 pts, 7 reb, 3 ast
NEWS AND NOTES
- For the fourth straight time in the Wiekamp Athletic Center against the Knights, the Lady Pilots held a top ten-ranked Marian team under 70 points and kept the margin within six points.
- The Lady Pilots gave up their most rebounds allowed this season with 45 and were outscored 16-2 on second chance points.
- Kamala Glenn scored a game-high 22 points and moved into 17th place in program history for career points, with 1,095 career points.
- The Lady Pilots travel to Spring Arbor, Michigan to take on the Spring Arbor Cougars on Saturday, January 12 at 1:00 pm.