MISHAWAKA – Bethel Men’s Basketball battled back from a 12-point deficit to the nation’s No. 3 team on Wednesday night, but fell to Indiana Wesleyan 95-92 in the Wiekamp Athletic Center. TreVion Crews by and large outplayed reigning NAIA National Player of the Year Kyle Mangas, leading all players with 30 points and 5 steals, while adding 6 rebounds and 4 assists.
- Score: Indiana Wesleyan def. Bethel 95-92
- Records: Bethel (4-2, 1-1) | Indiana Wesleyan (9-0, 2-0)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – NR | Indiana Wesleyan – No. 3
- Location: Wiekamp Athletic Center | Bethel University | Mishawaka, Ind.
- TreVion Crews: 30 pts, 6 reb, 4 ast (1 to), 5 stl
- Zac Owens: 19 pts, 1 blk, 3-6 3-pt
- Nathan Aerts: 8 pts, 10 reb, 2 ast
- Jani Griffith: 8 pts, 2 reb
- Garrett Suedekum: 7 pts, 5 ast, 2 stl
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Pilots shot 50-percent from the field, their second straight game doing so. The Pilots are shooting 47.5 percent from the field as a team this year.
- TreVion Crews is just four rebounds shy of becoming the 10th player in program history with 1,000 points, 500 rebounds, and 400 assists in a career.
- Crews recorded his fifth game of the season with one or zero turnovers. He came into the night ranked 27th in assist-to-turnover ratio at 4.286:1.
- The Wildcats were given 28 free throw attempts while the Pilots earned just three in the game.
- Nathan Aerts held Kyle Mangas to five points below his season average and forced him into a season-high 6 turnovers. The Pilots as a team held the Wildcats to their second-worst shooting performance of the season.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots welcome Grace into the Wiekamp Athletic Center on Saturday, December 5 at 1:00 pm.