Pilots Jump All Over Spring Arbor
MISHAWAKA – Bethel Men’s Basketball opened the Crossroads League with an 86-72 victory over Spring Arbor on Friday evening. Tied at 4-4 early, the Pilots used a 46-18 run in the first half to put 28 points between them and the Cougars and cruised to the win. TreVion Crews led the Pilots with 21 points, 7 assists, and 4 rebounds.
- Score: Bethel def. Spring Arbor 86-72
- Records: Bethel (4-1, 1-0) | Spring Arbor (2-3, 0-1)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – NR | Spring Arbor – NR
- Location: Wiekamp Athletic Center | Bethel University | Mishawaka, Ind.
- TreVion Crews: 21 pts, 4 reb, 7 ast
- Zac Owens: 16 pts, 5 ast
- Jared DeHart: 15 pts, 6 ast
- Jani Griffith: 7 pts, 2 reb, 1 blk
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- TreVion Crews became the 19th player in program history with 400 career assists. He is 11 rebounds shy of becoming the 7th player in program history with 1,500 points, 500 rebounds, and 400 assists for a career.
- The Cougars outscored the Pilots 19-7 off turnovers and 14-2 on second chance points.
- The Pilots starting three guards of Crews, Zac Owens, and Jared DeHart combined for 52 points, 18 assists with only five turnovers, and 21-36 from the field.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots welcome (RV) Saint Francis to the Wiekamp Athletic Center on Tuesday at 7:00 pm.