Hannibal, Mo. – The Bethel University men’s soccer team finished their Missouri road-trip with a double overtime loss to Hannibal-LaGrange on Saturday afternoon, falling 2-1. Sergio Crescenzi found the net in the first half for the Pilots’ lone goal, despite the men in blue getting 12 shots on goal in the match.
- Score: Hannibal-LaGrange def. Bethel 2-1 2ot
- Records: Bethel (1-3-0) | Hannibal-LaGrange (2-1-0)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – not rated | Hannibal LaGrange – not rated
- Location: Blackwell Field | Hannibal-LaGrange University | Hannibal, Mo.
- 21′ | Renato Barroso (HLU), assisted by Benjamin Contreras
- 38′ | Sergio Crescenzi (BU) unassisted
- 102′ | Mason McQueen (HLU)
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- Sergio Crescenzi scored his first career goal as a Pilot to knot the score up at one late in the first half.
- Eight of the 11 Pilots in the starting lineup were making their first start of the season, including Franklin Joyce‘s first career start in goal for the Pilots.
- Joyce made 8 saves in his first action of his career on the first team.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots return home for a non-conference match against Judson on Saturday, September 7 at 3:00 pm.
THOUGHTS FROM COACH PINTO
- “We really lacked the mental focus and concentration to play up to our potential and be strong today. We missed a number of chances that allowed Hannibal-LaGrange to stay in the game and find a winning goal. Some hard lessons to learn early in the season and a tough stretch of games ahead. We need to get healthy and grow quickly.”