FORT WAYNE – Bethel Men’s Soccer were shut out by No. 21 Cumberlands (Ky.) 6-0 in the NAIA Men’s Soccer National Championship Opening Round hosted by Indiana Tech on Thursday. The Pilots allowed two goals just before intermission before allowing four more in the second stanza to see their season come to an end.
- Score: Cumberlands def. Bethel 6-0
- Records: Bethel (13-6-1) | Cumberlands (12-5-2)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – RV | Cumberlands – No. 21
- 38′ | Hranner Magnusson (UC) assisted by Sergio Infantes Castell
- 45′ | Rodrigo Riveros (UC) assisted by Joel Drewery
- 56′ | Rodrigo Riveros (UC)
- 61′ | Nermanja Jovanovic (UC) assisted by Sergio Infantes Castell
- 63′ | Aleksander Mirkovi (UC) assisted by Sergio Infantes Castell
- 82′ | Ricardo Lopes de Matos (UC) assisted by Milan Stojonovic
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Pilots were outshot 26-13, including 14-6 on goal.
- The Patriots held the advantage in corner kicks 10-4.
- Finn Popescu made eight saves in just under 70 minues in goal.
- The Pilots made their 10th trip to the NAIA Men’s Soccer National Championship and their first since 2010.