MISHAWAKA – Bethel Men’s Soccer returned to play after an 18-day layoff and showed no signs of lethargy, running away from Taylor with a 4-0 win on Senior Day on Wednesday. Luan Bressy notched two goals and an assist, while senior Jose Barquin recorded his Crossroads League-leading seventh goal to get the Pilots going early.
- Score: Bethel def. Taylor 4-0
- Records: Bethel (6-1-1, 5-1-1) | Taylor (2-9-0, 2-7-0)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – NR | Taylor – NR
- Location: Morey Field | Bethel University | Mishawaka, Ind.
- 4′ | Jose Barquin (BU)
- 65′ | Luan Bressy (BU) assisted by Jose Barquin
- 85′ | Matheus Santiago (BU) assisted by Luan Bressy
- 86′ | Luan Bressy (BU) assisted by Joao Victor de Oliveira and Anu Junior Alemanji
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- Jose Barquin recorded his third game-winning goal of the season. With a goal and an assist, Barquin now leads the team with 7 goals and 17 points this season and is tied for the Crossroads League lead in goals scored.
- Luan Bressy notched his first career multi-goal game. He also added an assist and now has 8 points in three games played this season.
- Arnaud Fady recorded the second shutout of his career, needing just two saves on the night.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots travel to Huntington in a battle for first place in the Crossroads League on Saturday at 3:30 pm. The Pilots sit atop the standings with 16 points, while the Foresters are right behind with 14 points.
THOUGHTS FROM COACH PINTO
- “It is good to be back playing. Thought we were solid in the back and dynamic going forward. Need to continue to improve our consistency in both sides of the ball as we approach conf tourney.”