MARION, Ind. – The Bethel College track & field team finished their Crossroads League championship in banner fashion on Friday, as the men claimed their third outdoor league championship in program history—their first since 2009—and the women finished fourth. The Pilots hit three NAIA standards on the day—including a Crossroads League Outdoor Championship record by Emma Jankowski in the 800m—and combined for 10 All-League performances.
Over the two-day event, the men’s and women’s teams combined to hit 13 NAIA standards, record 19 All-League teams, win six individual titles, and set two Crossroads League Outdoor Championship and Bethel outdoor track & field program records.
- Crossroads League Championship: Hosted by Indiana Wesleyan University
- Location: Track & Field Complex | Indiana Wesleyan University | Marion, Ind.
- NAIA National Track & Field Ratings Index: Men – No. 19 | Women – not rated
- Standings: Men – 1st of 10 | Women – 4th of 10
- (THU) Women’s 4x800m Relay | Jessica Duvall, Emma Jankowski, Anna Nisen, Vanessa Steiner | 9:27.93 (B)
- (THU) Danielle Wojciechowski | Women’s Pole Vault | 3.60m (B)
- (THU) Jacob Marsh | Men’s High Jump | 2.02m (B)
- (THU) Jonah Lester | Men’s High Jump | 2.02m (B)
- (THU) Jordan Downs | Men’s Long Jump | 7.65m (A)*!
- (THU) Thomas Jackson | Men’s Long Jump | 7.35m (A)
- (THU) Jonah Lester | Men’s Long Jump | 7.19m (B)
- (THU) Jordan Downs | Men’s Pole Vault | 4.85m (A)
- (THU) Zach Harrah | Men’s Pole Vault | 4.65m (B)
- (THU) Ryan Trick | Men’s Pole Vault | 4.65m (B)
- Emma Jankowski | Women’s 800m | 2:13.04 (A)*!
- Men’s 4x100m Relay | Ezra Griffith, Jordan Downs, Jamique Mitchell, Corey Jones | 41.40 (A)
- Bailey Lang | Men’s Hammer Throw | 53.05m (A)
* Crossroads League Outdoor Championship record
! Bethel program record
ALL-CONFERENCE FINISHES – WOMEN
- (THU) Pole Vault | Danielle Wojciechowski, 1st
- (THU) High Jump | Jessica Tuttle, 3rd
- 800m | Emma Jankowski, 1st
- 4x400m Relay | Emily Roth, Emma Jankowski, Leah Gouwens, Kayla Kunkel | 2nd
ALL-CONFERENCE FINISHES – MEN
- (THU) High Jump | Jacob Marsh, 2nd | Jonah Lester, 3rd
- (THU) Long Jump | Jordan Downs, 1st | Thomas Jackson, 2nd | Jonah Lester, 3rd
- (THU) Discus Throw | Bailey Lang, 2nd
- (THU) Pole Vault | Jordan Downs, 1st
- 4x100m Relay | Ezra Griffith, Jordan Downs, Jamique Mitchell, Corey Jones | 2nd
- 110m Hurdles | Ezra Griffith, 2nd
- 400m | Travis Sperry, 1st
- 100m | Corey Jones, 3rd
- 400m Hurdles | Bailey Mott, 3rd
- 200m | Jordan Downs, 2nd
- Hammer Throw | Bailey Lang, 2nd
- Triple Jump | Jordan Downs, 1st
THOUGHTS FROM COACH NATALI
- “I am so proud of all our guys and ladies the past two days. What they’ve accomplished was truly remarkable. Both sides were so far in the positive. I’m so thankful that Christ has allowed me to be a part of such a special group of young people. I truly think the world of our kids and I’m looking forward to NCCAA Nationals this coming week.”
- The Pilots will compete in the NCCAA Outdoor National Championships on May 8-10 in Winona Lake on the campus of Grace College. The men’s track & field team is the defending NCCAA Outdoor National Champion.