Bethel Volleyball Overpowers Spring Arbor in Five
MISHAWAKA – Bethel Volleyball outlasted Spring Arbor in five sets on Saturday afternoon to improve to 2-1 on the season. Five Pilots recorded at least 7 kills on the day, while the Pilots’ frontline, anchored by Isabelle North, recorded 8 solo blocks and 12 block assists.
- Score: Bethel def. Spring Arbor 23,25, 25-19, 19-25, 25-15, 15-10
- Records: Bethel (2-1, 2-1) | Spring Arbor (1-1, 1-1)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – NR | Spring Arbor – NR
- Location:Wiekamp Athletic Center | Bethel University | Mishawaka, Ind.
- Madyson Beaver: 15 kills, 16 assists, 10 digs
- Maddy Payne (NorthWood HS): 14 kills, 44.4 hit percentage
- Payton Hart: 10 kills, 13 digs
- Isabelle North: 7 kills, 5 solo blocks, 5 block assists
- Caroline Mullet (NorthWood HS): 28 assists, 8 digs
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Pilots traded blows with the Cougars for the first three sets before taking control midway thru the fourth set, outscoring the visitors 30-16 over the final forty-six rallies spanning the fourth and fifth sets.
- The Pilots’ 14.0 total blocks as a team is their most since October 11 of last season.
- The Pilots’ 57 kills as a team is their most since September 28 of last season.
- Madyson Beaver recorded her fifth career triple-double.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots host Taylor in the Wiekamp Athletic Center on Wednesday at 7:00 pm.
THOUGHTS FROM COACH WEISS
- “Glad we got the win this afternoon. Proud of our offense as we finished the match with a .474 hitting percentage in the fifth set. This was a whole team effort and I’m thankful for the depth of our team and the support and encouragement they give each other.”