MISHAWAKA – Bethel Volleyball earned their seventh win of the season with a sweep of Huntington on Wednesday night. Maddy Payne led all attackers with 10 kills to power the Pilots into a share of the Crossroads League lead nearing the halfway point of the season.
- Score: Bethel def. Huntington 25-16, 25-18, 25-16
- Records: Bethel (7-1, 7-1) | Huntington (0-8, 0-8)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – NR | Huntington – NR
- Location: Wiekamp Athletic Center | Bethel University | Mishawaka, Ind.
- Maddy Payne: 10 kills, 2 blocks, 2 aces
- Payton Hart: 8 kills, 9 digs, .438 hitting percentage
- Madyson Beaver: 6 kills, 14 assists, 8 digs
- Cheyanne Seymour: 7 kills, .333 hitting percentage
- Rachel Vendl: 14 digs
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Pilots never trailed in the match, winning their fourth match of the year by a 3-0 count.
- The Pilots eclipsed last seasons’ Crossroads League win total (6) with their seventh league win of the season.
- The Pilots have won seven of their last eight matches for the first time since 2013.
- Maddy Payne recorded double digit kills for the third time in her career. She leads the Pilots with 69 kills in 29 games and ranks in the top ten in the Crossroads League.
- With Indiana Wesleyan’s upset of Marian on Wednesday, the Pilots currently own a share of first place in the Crossroads League with Indiana Wesleyan.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots travel to defending national champion and NAIA No. 1 Marian on Saturday at 12:00 pm.
THOUGHTS FROM COACH WEISS
- “Nice sweep of Huntington tonight. We were able to show how deep our bench is and stay in the lead. I’m proud of this team and their focus on and off the court. They put hard work in day after day and these wins are the results of that.”