MISHAWAKA – The Bethel University women’s soccer team pushed the visiting Indiana Tech Warriors to overtime on Wednesday evening at Morey Field and were nearly to double overtime before the Warriors walked it off with 19 seconds remaining in the extra session to hand the Pilots a devastating 2-1 defeat. Audrey Lerch scored her first career goal in the 54th minute to give the Pilots the equalizer.
- Score: Indiana Tech def. Bethel 2-1 ot
- Records: Bethel (2-3-0) | Indiana Tech (3-0-0)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – not rated | Indiana Tech – not rated
- Location: Morey Field | Bethel University | Mishawaka, Ind.
- 8′ | Megan Clifton (IT) unassisted
- 54′ | Audrey Lerch (BU) assisted by Olivia Lambdin
- 100′ | Sydney Lemelin (IT) unassisted
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Pilots held serve with the Warriors, putting 9 shots on goal and getting 13 shots total.
- Janae Willis made double-digit saves for the second straight match, turning away 11 shots in the match.
- The Pilots fall to 1-1 in overtime matches this season, previously defeating Rochester at Morey Field 4-3 in overtime on August 24.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots travel to Sylvania, Ohio to take on Lourdes in non-conference action on Saturday at 1:00 pm.
THOUGHTS FROM COACH LINDVALL
- “As disappointing as it is to come up short in overtime, I am really proud of this group of women tonight. We made some pretty big tactical and formational changes this week and they did an outstanding job of owning it and straight-up working their tails off to do what we asked of them in the arena tonight.”