MISHAWAKA – The Bethel University women’s soccer team dropped their Crossroads League opener on Wednesday night at Morey Field, losing the battle with Goshen 2-0. Alexis Vega continued her streak of peppering the goal, with her third straight match with at least four shots and three on frame.
- Score: Goshen def. Bethel 2-0
- Records: Bethel (3-7-0, 0-1-0) | Goshen (6-2-0, 1-0-0)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – not rated | Goshen – not rated
- Location: Morey Field | Bethel University | Mishawaka, Ind.
- 16′ | Kaitlyn Begley (GC) assisted by Paige Renshaw
- 58′ | Paige Renshaw (GC) unassisted
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Pilots held the advantage in shots on frame (10-9) and corner kicks (7-3).
- Alexis Vega has taken at least four shots and put at least three on frame in three straight matches.
- Janae Willis made seven saves in the match. She came into the day ranked No. 4 in the NAIA in total saves.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots travel to Upland to take on Taylor in Crossroads League play on Saturday at 7:00 pm.
THOUGHTS FROM COACH LINDVALL
- “We know every game in our conference is a battle and tonight was no exception. A lot of positives from our women today even though we weren’t able to capitalize on our opportunities against Goshen. Recovery tomorrow and then back at it as we prepare for Saturday.”