Regular Season Finale Ends in Overtime Defeat
MISHAWAKA, Ind. – The Bethel College Pilots women’s soccer team fell in their regular season finale in overtime on Saturday afternoon, allowing a goal in the 96thminute to fall 1-0 to Huntington. Despite the loss, the Pilots have secured a berth in the Crossroads League Tournament Quarterfinals on Wednesday.
- Score:Huntington def. Bethel 1-0 ot
- Records: Bethel (4-9-4, 2-7-0) | Huntington (5-12-1, 2-6-1)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – not rated | Huntington – none
- Location:Morey Field | Bethel College | Mishawaka, Ind.
- 96’ | Millie Adams (HU) unasssisted
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Foresters outshot the Pilots 16-10 in the match, including 10-6 on goal.
- Tessa Zimmerly made nine saves in the match, none bigger than a one-on-one opportunity with less than four minutes remaining to preserve a scoreless tie and send it to extra time.
- The Pilots finished the regular season with 4 wins for the third straight year.
QUOTES FROM COACH LINDVALL
- “Hard fought game this afternoon by both teams. While it’s always tough to lose in overtime, I was proud of the output our women showed against a Huntington team that was fighting for a spot in the tournament. We’ve got the next several days to recover and refine things a bit as we go into our opening game in the Crossroads League tournament.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots will travel to Spring Arbor, Michigan for the Crossroads League Tournament Quarterfinals on Wednesday, October 31 at 4:00 pm.