SIOUX CITY, Iowa – No. 24 Bethel Volleyball lost both their matches in the NAIA Women’s Volleyball National Championship Pool Play on Tuesday, falling to No. 8 Eastern Oregon in three sets and No. 9 Central Methodist in four sets. Isabelle North and Maddy Payne combined for 45 kills in the two matches.
- Match 1 Score: Eastern Oregon def. Bethel 3-0 (25-12, 25-19, 25-16)
- Match 2 Score: Central Methodist def. Bethel 3-1 (18-25, 25-17, 25-21, 25-19)
- Records: Bethel (25-8) | Eastern Oregon (18-1) | Central Methodist (15-6)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – No. 24 | Eastern Oregon – No. 8 | Central Methodist – No. 9
- Location: Tyson Events Center | Sioux City, Iowa
MATCH 1 STAT TRACKER
- Maddy Payne: 12 kills, 1 block, .250 hit pct.
- Isabelle North: 4 kills, 8 blocks
- Caroline Mullet: 17 assists, 13 digs
- Madyson Beaver: 6 kills, 8 digs, 8 assists
MATCH 2 STAT TRACKER
- Isabelle North: 19 kills, 2 blocks, .484 hit pct.
- Maddy Payne: 10 kills, 4 blocks
- Caroline Mullet: 43 assists, 9 digs
- Jackie Fernandez: 19 digs, 1 service ace
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Pilots committed 56 attack errors and 8 service errors on the day. Their 36 attack errors against Central Methodist were the most in a match this season. The .073 hitting percentage against Eastern Oregon was their lowest this season.
- The Pilots finish their season with 27 wins, tied for their most in a season since 2008.
- Isabelle North‘s 19 kills were her second-most this season. She recorded double-digit kills for the 19th time this season. Her .318 hitting percentage this season is 6th in single season program history.
- Maddy Payne‘s 177 total blocks this season is 9th in single season program history.
- Caroline Mullet averaged 8.9 assists per set in the spring, more than double from her 4.2 per set in the fall.