MOUNT VERNON, Ohio – Bethel Men’s Basketball ran away from Mount Vernon Nazarene 100-63 on Friday afternoon in Crossroads League action. TreVion Crews scored a career-high 45 points with a program record 11 made three-pointers on the day. It is the second-highest scoring game in program history and the fourth-highest scoring game in the NAIA this season.
- Score: Bethel def. Mount Vernon Nazarene 100-63
- Records: Bethel (8-3, 3-1) | Mount Vernon Nazarene (2-2, 2-2)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – NR | Mount Vernon Nazarene – NR
- Location: Ariel Arena | Mount Vernon Nazarene University | Mount Vernon, Ohio
- TreVion Crews: 45 pts, 6 reb, 6 ast, 4 stl, 11-14 3-pt, 16-22 fg
- Jani Griffith: 16 pts, 5 reb, 6-7 fg, 4-5 ft
- Garrett Suedekum: 7 pts, 4 reb, 4 ast
- Zac Owens: 7 pts, 5 reb, 2 stl
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- Crews broke the program record for most three-pointers made in a single game with 11, besting the previos mark of 10 set by Ryan Bales on March 3, 1998. His 16 made field goals is tied for fifth-most in single game program history, his 14 three-point attempts is tied for fourth-most in single game program history, and his 45 points is tied for second-most in single game program history. Only Dave Troyer’s 48 points on Nov. 16, 1991 and Ron Holmes’ 45 points on Jan. 9, 1968 equaled or bettered Crews’ scoring in the game.
- Only three players have scored more than 45 points in a game this season in the NAIA: Deshawn Munson of Harris-Stowe State and Kyle Mangas of Indiana Wesleyan both have scored 51, while Corey Benton of Columbia International has scored 48.
- Jani Griffith scored 16 points for the third straight game and is shooting 80-percent (16-20) from the field over that span, while shooting 16-17 from the charity stripe.
- The Pilots forced 21 turnovers and outscored the Cougars 38-7 in points off turnovers.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots travel to Florida for a pair of games early next week.