KOKOMO, Ind. – Indiana Wesleyan University baseball plated four runs in the 6th inning to double-up host IU Kokomo 4-2 on Tuesday in Kokomo, Indiana. The Wildcats head into their Spring Break trip this weekend on a five-game win streak.
- Score: Indiana Wesleyan def. IU Kokomo, 4-2
- Records: Indiana Wesleyan 7-2 | IU Kokomo 7-5
- NAIA Top- 25 Rank: Indiana Wesleyan – Not ranked | IU Kokomo – Not ranked
- Location: Kokomo Municipal Stadium | Indiana University Kokomo | Kokomo, Indiana
- SP Caleb Eder: 5.0 IP, 2 H, 4 BB, 2 ER, 3 K; 2-for-2, 2 BB, 2B
- RP Zee Breytenbach: W (1-0), 2.0 IP, H, 0 R, 4 K
- RP Johnny Rohde: Save (1)
- CF Eric Wentz: 2-for-4, 2B
- 1B Brady West: 1-for-4, RBI, R
- C Andrew Breytenbach: 1-for-4, RBI
- SS Jordan Wharton: 2-for-4, 2 2B, 2 RBI
- IU Kokomo led early with a two run 1st inning.
- Indiana Wesleyan scored four runs in the 6th inning to lead 4-2.
- The Wildcat bullpen of Zee Breytenbach, Tim Olvaney, and Johnny Rohde combined for 4.0 innings of no runs. The trio scattered two hits, did not allow a walk, and struck out six.
- IWU outhit IU Kokomo 9-4.
NEXT TIME OUT
- Indiana Wesleyan opens their Spring Break trip on Friday with a single 9-inning contest at Cumberland (Tenn.). First pitch is set for 3 p.m. in Lebanon, Tennessee.