Boilermakers Win 7th Straight Over Indiana
- Purdue improved to 15-14 overall and 8-10 in the Big Ten Conference with a 57-49 win over Indiana … Purdue leads the all-time series with Indiana by a 122-89 margin.
- The win was Purdue’s seventh straight against Indiana, the longest Purdue winning streak against Indiana since 1968-72 … the seven straight wins are tied for the fifth-longest streak in school history … Purdue has won five straight games at Mackey Arena against Indiana, coming by a total of 68 points
- Purdue’s senior class is 7-0 against Indiana, the best record for any Purdue class against Indiana since the Class of 1913 (8-0).
- Purdue is now 14-1 under Matt Painter when holding Indiana to 69 or fewer points.
- Indiana’s field goal percentage of 25.4 percent was its lowest since Jan. 18, 2014, vs. Northwestern (.250).
- Purdue’s two 3-point field goals were its fewest since having two against Indiana on Feb. 19, 2015 (2 of 18; 67-63 victory).
- Matt Painter has tied Michigan State’s Jud Heathcote for ninth place on the all-time Big Ten wins list (all games) with 336 victories.
- Eric Hunter Jr.’s 17 points were one shy of a career high (18 vs. Ohio) and he tied a career high with seven rebounds.
- Trevion Williams had 19 points and 8 rebounds, including five on the offensive end … Williams now has 98 offensive rebounds on the season, good for sixth on Purdue’s single-season chart … Williams has 25 offensive rebounds in the last five games.