Vanderbilt 0-2 / 0-1 SEC
Purdue 1-1 / 0-0 Big Ten
HEAD COACH JEFF BROHM
- is now 44-24 in his sixth year as a head coach.
- is now 14-14 in his third year at Purdue.
- is now 5-1 in home openers as a head coach.
- is now 2-1 in home openers at Purdue.
- is now 3-5 against members of the SEC.
- is now 2-1 against Vanderbilt.
… defeated Vanderbilt, 14-12, on Sept. 3, 2015 (at WKU).
… lost to Vanderbilt, 31-30, on Sept. 24, 2016 (at WKU).
- is now 604-564-48 all-time.
- is now 90-37-4 in home openers all-time.
… Purdue has won 15 of its last 16 home openers dating to the 2004 season (lone loss last year vs. Northwestern).
- is now 1-2 vs. Vanderbilt.
- is now 13-9 all-time against current members of the SEC.
- Today’s crowd of 50,506 is the largest home-opening crowd since 2008 vs. Northern Colorado (51,476).
- Purdue scored 30 or more points in the first two games of the season for the first time since 2015.
- Purdue’s 31 yards rushing were its fewest in a win since having 31 against Ohio State on Oct. 28, 2000 (W, 28-24).
- Since 1997, Purdue is now just 4-29 when having fewer than 40 yards of offense.
- Purdue’s 509 yards passing tied for the sixth most in a game in school history. It was the third most in a non-conference game in school history.
- Purdue’s 42 points were its most points ever scored against current members of the SEC (22 games).
- Purdue had 11 completions of 20 or more yards.
- Purdue’s 24 first downs through the air are the most since having 25 against Central Michigan on Dec. 26, 2006.
- Today’s game marked the first since Oct. 2, 2004, against Notre Dame that both teams threw for over 400 yards (Purdue – 509; Notre Dame 420).
- Elijah Sindelar
… became the 18th player in school history with over 3,000 career yards passing, now ranking 14th (3,479).
… moved into 13th in career completions (295).
… moved into T-10th in career touchdown passes (29).
… the first Purdue quarterback with five or more touchdown passes and 500 yards in a game since Kyle Orton against Indiana (522 yards, 6 TDs) on Nov. 20, 2004.
… his 519 yards passing are tied for the sixth most in Purdue history.
… became the first Purdue quarterback with consecutive games of 4-plus touchdown passes since Curtis Painter in Sept. 2007 (Eastern Illinois & Toledo).
… became the first player with at least 30 completions in consecutive games since Brandon Kirsch in Oct. 2005 (vs. Northwestern and Iowa).
… became the first player since Drew Brees in Oct. 1998 (vs. Minnesota and Wisconsin) to throw for 400 yards in consecutive games.
… his 9 passing touchdowns in the first two games of the season are tied for the second most by a Big Ten quarterback since at least 2000 (Curtis Painter in 2007 – 10; Dwayne Haskins in 2018 – 9; Kyle Orton in 2004 – 9).
… his 942 yards passing are the most in the season’s first two games in school history.
- Rondale Moore
… set a career best in receptions (13) and receiving yards (220), becoming the first Purdue player since at least 2000 to reach those marks.
… his 220 yards are the third-most receiving yards in school history (Chris Daniels in Oct. 1999 – 301; Selwyn Lymon in Sept. 2006 – 238).
… having played just 15 games, he is now tied for 18th in Purdue history for career receptions (138).
… becomes the first Purdue player since at least 1997 with double-digit catches in four straight games. He leads the country’s active players in games with double-digit receptions (9).
… his nine 100-yard receiving games are the fourth most in Purdue history.
… now has two games with at least 250 all-purpose yards, the first player since at least 1997 with multiple games of 250 or more all-purpose yards (had 279 today).
… moved into 15th place on the school’s career touchdown receptions list (14).
- Brycen Hopkins
… has 12 career touchdown receptions after TD receptions in the first and third quarters.
… his 12 touchdown catches are the fourth most in school history by a tight end.
… it marked his second career two-touchdown game (vs. Iowa on Oct. 16, 2015).
- Markus Bailey
… moved into 14th place on the school’s career sacks list with 13.0.
… moved into 14th place on the school’s career tackles list with 326.
- Payne Dunham
… scored his first career touchdown with a 2-yard reception from Sindelar in the second quarter. He became the first freshman tight end to score since Brycen Hopkins in 2016.
- Jared Sparks
… scored his first career touchdown with a 50-yard reception on Purdue’s first drive of the second half. It came on his 51st career reception.
- Dedrick Mackey
… recorded Purdue’s first takeaway of the season with a third-quarter interception. It was his first career interception.