Chevalier Breaks Record, Pilots Coast to Victory
YPSILANTI, Mich. – The Bethel College Pilots men’s rugby team remain undefeated in USA Division II Great Lakes Conference play with a 72-0 victory over Eastern Michigan on Saturday afternoon. Nick Chevalier broke the single season record for points scored, responsible for 18 on the day, to put him at 88 for the season. The previous record of 84 was set by Jack Dugan in 2016.
- Score: Bethel def. Eastern Michigan 72-0
- Records: Bethel (5-1, 5-0)
- USA Division II Top 25 Rankings: Bethel – No. 8
- Location:Fletcher Field | Ypsilanti, Mich.
- BC – Nick Chevalier penalty kick (3-0)
- BC – Sujai Ikemefuna try; Nick Chevalier conversion (10-0)
- BC – Nick Chevalier try (15-0)
- BC – Jamari Robinson try; Nick Chevalier conversion (22-0)
- BC – Caleb Keas try; Nick Chevalier conversion (29-0)
- BC – Ethan Glasscock try; Nick Chevalier conversion (36-0)
- BC – Sujai Ikemefuna try; Nick Chevalier conversion (43-0)
- BC – Efe Ovie try (48-0)
- BC – Efe Ovie try; Caleb Keas conversion (55-0)
- BC – Sujai Ikemefuna try (60-0)
- BC – Sujai Ikemefuna try (65-0)
- BC – Hudson Walker try; Caleb Keas conversion (72-0)
QUOTES FROM COACH GADIA
- “We are proud of our team as we played with honor and spirit of the game by providing our younger players more time on the pitch. We are still progressively improving, taking each game as a challenge in preparation for playoffs and a national title.”
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots return home for their final home match of the season on Saturday, October 20 when they face Saginaw Valley State (Mich.) at the Moose Rugby Grounds in Elkhart.