MISHAWAKA, Ind. – The Bethel College softball team dropped their fourth and fifth consecutive Crossroads League games, falling in a double header to Mount Vernon Nazarene (Ohio) by scores of 3-1 and 11-0, Eleven of the Cougars’ 14 runs came in the fifth inning or later and the Pilots only managed eight total hits on the day.
- Game 1 Score: Mount Vernon Nazarene def. Bethel 3-1
- Game 2 Score: Mount Vernon Nazarene def. Bethel 11-0
- Records: Bethel (2-14, 1-7) | Mount Vernon Nazarene (16-4, 8-0)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – not rated | Mount Vernon Nazarene – not rated
- Location: Gardner Field | Bethel College | Mishawaka, Ind.
- Mahri Younger: 2-7
- Mackenzie Orphanidis: 2-5, RBI
- Haley Stinson: 0-2, R
- Bethany Hogg: 7.0 IP, 2 ER, 2 K
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- After giving up a run in the top of the first inning in game one, the Pilots answered with an RBI single from Mackenzie Orphanidis in the bottom half of the frame to knot the game at 1-1. The Cougars scored once more in the third and once in the sixth to take a 3-1 lead in the first half of the double header.
- Rachel Najdek started game two strong, going for 3.1 perfect innings before giving up a hit batter and single, and an RBI ground out to give the Cougars a 1-0 advantage. The Cougars sent 10 batters to the plate in the fourth to break open a 5-0 lead and tacked on multiple runs in the sixth and seventh innings to sweep the double header with an 11-0 game two final.
- The Pilots managed one hit and committed five errors in game two.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots travel to Upland, Indiana on Friday afternoon to take on Taylor (Ind.) in a double header, scheduled to start at 3 pm.