MARION, Ind. – The Bethel University men’s basketball team lost in the Crossroads League Tournament Championship game to No. 3 Indiana Wesleyan 109-77 on Tuesday night. TreVion Crews finished one assist shy of a triple double in the effort. The Pilots held an advantage for much of the first half before an 11-2 Indiana Wesleyan run gave the hosts the lead at the break and the Wildcats ran away with 62 second half points to cut the Pilots down.
- Score: Indiana Wesleyan def. Bethel 109-77
- Records: Bethel (22-11) | Indiana Wesleyan (29-4)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – not rated | Indiana Wesleyan – No. 3
- Location: Luckey Arena | Indiana Wesleyan University | Marion, Ind.
- TreVion Crews – 22 pts, 11 reb, 9 ast
- Keonte Jenkins – 16 pts, 3-of-7 3-pt
- Gavin Rasler – 13 pts, 2 reb, 3-of-4 3-pt
- Maxwell Newman – 6 pts, 7 reb, 3 blk
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Wildcats won their three tournament games by an average of 30.3 points, including a 27-point win over No. 24 Spring Arbor, and a 32-point win over Mount Vernon Nazarene.
- The Pilots were outrebounded 52-34.
- The Pilots shot just 8-of-27 (29.6-percent) from three-point range, as Crews and Grant Gelon combined to shoot just 1-of-12 from distance.
- The Pilots fall to 9-4 in Crossroads League title games, their first loss in the title game since the 2014-15 season.
- The Pilots will await word on a possible at large berth to the NAIA National Championship from March 11-17 in Sioux Falls, S.D. The selection show will air live on PlayNAIA’s Facebook page at 6:00 pm ET on Wednesday.