LEBANON, Tenn. – Indiana Wesleyan University baseball had a pair of heart-breaking losses on Saturday as host Cumberland (Tenn.) won both ends of the doubleheader on walk-off home runs.
- Game 1: Cumberland def. Indiana Wesleyan, 3-0
- Game 1: Cumberland def. Indiana Wesleyan, 6-4 (10 inn.)
- Records: Indiana Wesleyan 7-5 | Cumberland 12-5
- NAIA Top- 25 Rank: Indiana Wesleyan – Not ranked | Cumberland – Not ranked
- Location: Ernest L. Stockton Field | Cumberland University | Lebanon, Tennessee
GAME 1 RECAP
- Cumberland won 3-0 on a 3-run walk-off home run by Carlos Mosely in the bottom of the 7th inning.
- SP Austin Swift: 5.0 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 3 BB, 3 K
- RP Tim Olvaney: L (1-1), 1.1 IP, 3 R, 3 ER, 3 H, 2 BB, K
- DH Caleb Eder: 1-for-2, BB
- 2B Judah Wollenburg: 1-for-3
GAME 2 RECAP
- Eric Wentz hit a 2-run home run in the 2nd inning for the early IWU 2-0 lead.
- Trailing 3-2 in the 4th inning, Steven Busby tied the game with a sac fly and Parker Johnson laid down a squeeze bunt later in the inning for a 4-3 Wildcat lead. CU tied the score 4-4 with a solo home run in the bottom half of the inning.
- Mykel Gorden hit a 2-run home run in the Cumberland 10th inning for a walk-off win.
- RP Tyler Fairchild: 4.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 4 BB, 4 K
- RP Johnny Rohde: L (0-1), 2.1 IP, H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 3 K
- SS Jordan Wharton: 3-for-5, 2 2B, 2 R
- CF Eric Wentz: 2-for-4, HR, 2 RBI, 2 R
NEXT TIME OUT
- Indiana Wesleyan plays a doubleheader at Martin Methodist on Monday in Pulaski, Tennessee. First pitch is slated for 3 p.m.