2018 NAIA Women’s Soccer Coaches’ Top 25 Poll — Poll Two
Spring Arbor clings to No. 1 ranking with victory over Concordia (Mich.) while Benedictine (Kan.) moves into second
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 1999)
- Defending National Champion Spring Arbor (Mich.) grabbed all 18 first-place votes this week as they continued their hot play. As a team, the offensive-minded Cougars are ranked No. 11 in shots on goal per game (13.250)
- Spring Arbor will have one match this week against Lawrence Tech (Mich.) before a home clash with No. 17-ranked Embry Riddle (Ariz.)
- Midland is the lone newcomer to the Top 25 this week. The Warriors snagged a 3-1 win over then No. 14 Ottawa (Kan.) over the weekend to earn its place in the poll.
- Spring Arbor continues to hold the longest active Top 25 Poll streak, moving to 87 consecutive appearances in the poll. Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) holds the national record since 1999 with 203 consecutive appearances, which was stopped on Oct. 24, 2017. Keiser (Fla.) is right behind Spring Arbor at No. 11, extending its streak to 85 weeks.
- Lindsey Wilson own the most No. 1 rankings since 1999 with 58, followed by former member Azusa Pacific (Calif.) with 32, Westmont (Calif.) and former member Concordia (Ore.) with 19. Spring Arbor now sits alone in fifth place with 18.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences, Association of Independent Institutions and Unaffiliated Groups.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second-place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low ratings) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appears on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.
|RANK||LAST WEEK||SCHOOL [1st Place Votes]||RECORD||FINAL POINTS|
|1||1||Spring Arbor (Mich.) ||3-0-1||498|
|3||2||William Carey (Miss.)||4-1||453|
|5||6||Martin Methodist (Tenn.)||5-0||429|
|7||17||John Brown (Ark.)||5-1||388|
|12||11||University of Northwestern Ohio||2-2-2||307|
|13||13||Science & Arts (Okla.)||4-1||299|
|21||21||Central Methodist (Mo.)||5-1||165|
|23||22||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)||1-1||147|
|24||24||The Master’s (Calif.)||4-2-1||122|
Dropped from the Top 25: Jamestown (N.D.)
Others Receiving Votes: Taylor (Ind.) 115, Trinity Christian (Ill.) 62, Siena Heights (Mich.) 45, Jamestown (N.D.) 40, Cumberlands (Ky.) 39, St. Thomas (Fla.) 19, Rocky Mountain (Mont.) 12, St. Thomas (Texas) 10, Reinhardt (Ga.) 5, Bellevue (Neb.) 4, Concordia (Neb.) 3, Indiana Wesleyan 3, MidAmerica Nazarene (Kan.) 3