Edwards Unanimous Selection on AP’s All-Big Ten Team
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. – Purdue sophomore Carsen Edwards was named a unanimous selection on the Associated Press’ All-Big Ten team.
In addition, both Vincent Edwards and Isaac Haas were named to the second team.
Edwards, a 6-foot, 1-inch guard from Atascocita, Texas, was 1-of-2 unanimous selections on the first team, joining Ohio State’s Keita Bates-Diop as the players on every ballot. Edwards was joined on the first team by Bates-Diop, Michigan State’s Miles Bridges, Wisconsin’s Ethan Happ and Penn State’s Tony Carr.
The second team consisted of Vincent Edwards, Haas, Michigan’s Mo Wagner, Nebraska’s James Palmer and Michigan State’s Cassius Winston.
Carsen Edwards / Sophomore / Guard / Atascocita, Texas
- First-team All-Big Ten (AP – unanimous, Coaches, Media)
- USBWA Oscar Robertson National Player of the Week (Feb. 27).
- com March Madness National Player of the Week (Feb. 26).
- Big Ten Player of the Week (Feb. 26, Jan. 22).
- 1-of-10 finalists for the Jerry West Award, given to nation’s top shooting guard.
- 1-of-30 semifinalists for the Wooden Award, given to the nation’s top player.
- Leads the team in scoring (18.2 PPG) while contributing 3.8 rebounds and 3.0 assists per game. He and Tony Carr are the only players in the league to average 18 points, three rebounds and three assists.
- Averaging Big Ten-best 23.1 points per game and contributing 4.3 rebounds and 3.1 assists per game since February 1.
Vincent Edwards / Senior / Forward / Middletown, Ohio
- Second-team All-Big Ten (AP, Coaches, Media).
- Big Ten Player of the Week (Jan. 29).
- 1-of-10 finalists for the Julius Erving Award, given to nation’s best small forward.
- Averaging 14.7 points, 7.6 rebounds and 3.0 assists per game, while shooting 47.0 percent from the field and 83.8 percent from the free throw line.
- Is the only active player nationally with 1,500 points, 700 rebounds, 350 assists and 150 3-pointers made.
- Ranks 19th on the school’s career scoring list (1,554 points), 10th on the career rebounds list (739), 13th on assists list (389) and 12th on 3-pointers made list (165).
Isaac Haas / Senior / Center / Hokes Bluff, Alabama
- Second-team All-Big Ten (AP)
- Third-team All-Big Ten (Coaches, Media)
- Big Ten Player of the Week (Dec. 4).
- Averaging 14.6 points, 5.4 rebounds and 1.3 blocks per game while shooting 61.1 percent from the field and 75.4 percent from the free throw line.
- Ranks 23rd on the school’s career scoring list (1,494) points and 24th on the career rebounding list (608). Haas needs six points to become 16th player in school history with 1,500 points and 600 rebounds.
- Ranks fourth on the career field goal percentage list (.585) and his 61.1 percent this year as a senior ranks 11th all-time at Purdue.