Forman, Crews Lead Pilots to Tough Road Win
CHICAGO – The Bethel College Pilots men’s basketball team jumped out to a 27-point lead just minutes before halftime before converting on opportunities down the stretch to hold on to an 80-68 win against (RV) Roosevelt (Ill.) on Tuesday night. Paul Forman led the way with 26 points, while Trevion Crews recorded the fifth triple-double in program history with 18 points, 11 rebounds, and 11 assists.
- Game Score: Bethel def. Roosevelt 80-68
- Records: Bethel (5-0) | Roosevelt (0-3)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll:Bethel – No. 23 | Roosevelt – No. 26
- Location: Goodman Center | Roosevelt University | Chicago, Ill.
- Trevion Crews: 18 points, 11 rebounds, 11 assists
- Paul Forman: 26 points, 7 rebounds, 10-15 fg
- Ryan Lutz: 15 points, 4 rebounds, 4-7 3-pt
- Jared DeHart: 5 pts, 2 stls, 1-2 3-pt
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Pilots held their largest lead of the game at 47-20 with 3:26 remaining in the first half, on the strength of 9-of-15 three-point shooting in the opening stanza.
- Roosevelt used a 10-0 run to close the first half and open the second half to pull within 17 points with 19:29 remaining and later used a 19-7 run to pull within 69-62 with 2:24 remaining but Jared DeHart scored all five of his points in the final 120 seconds to secure a tough win.
- The Pilots improve to 5-0 to start the season for the sixth straight year.
- Coming off Crossroads League and NCCAA Player of the Week honors, Trevion Crews recorded the fifth triple-double in program history with 18 points, 11 rebounds, and 11 assists, to go along with a game-high 4 steals.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots return to the Wiekamp Athletic Center on Friday, November 9 when they take on crosstown foe IU South Bend (Ind.) at 7:00 pm ET.